Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team. This role will oversee much of the financial statement close and accounts payable processes at Twelve, as well as be the primary coordinator for the financial statement audit. This role will have 3 direct reports. The ideal person has a mix of public and private accounting experience.
This is a full-time, remote position located in the US.
In this position, you will be responsible for maturing the month-end close process, implementing operational metrics, and overseeing a team to support these efforts. The ideal candidate is motivated to deliver timely execution of organized tasks against a high bar of quality and accuracy while maintaining balance for individuals on the team.
What You Will Do
- Execute month-end close to create monthly GAAP financial statements including preparing and/or reviewing general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare and review fluctuation analyses to inform leadership and process improvements
- Review and analyze invoices, read contracts, and compare/reconcile data to POs, and budgets to determine the appropriate accounting treatments
- Create and maintain controls throughout the procure-to-pay process and financial statement close process
- Adjust financial processes to accommodate changes in business strategy, size of teams and to optimize the implementation of new technologies
- Identify process and system improvement opportunities
- Execute annual audit and other compliance obligations
- Own the procure-to-pay process and execute against performance metrics
- Create culture, and develop accounting and finance personnel as a direct manager of 3 individuals
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- You spent at least 3-4 years in public accounting
- You have experience performing and reviewing month-end close procedures at an in-house accounting role
- You have direct management experience
- You have strong communication skills
- You are experienced in creating stakeholder relationships in a remote environment
- You have exceptional time management and organizational skills
- You are adept at working with multiple stakeholders while maintaining process and structure
- You love the details
- You learn and adapt quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.