Quality Assurance Specialist
Bring your skills and passion to the Ecovative Design team! At Ecovative we build biological systems, explore uncharted science, and celebrate manufacturing rooted in Nature. The company seeks team members who are bold, curious and imaginative. The brand's greatest strength is the team's diversity. Each person brings unique backgrounds and talents that are fostered in a collaborative, challenging and creative culture.
Our Quality group is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA/QC) Specialist to join the dynamic team advancing the biofabrication of mycelium biopolymers. The QA/QC Specialist will focus on QA administration, QC Sampling, data collection, data analysis, process control and documentation. The candidate must have basic knowledge or experience in the Quality Management System. The candidate must have knowledge of QA/QC and process control.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the documentation of process SOPs, EOPs on our internal QMS.
- Builds QA related policies and SOPs for the team.
- Perform internal audits and timely update process documentation as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of sample labeling, data collection, data storage, shipping, and receiving samples
- Coordinates production QC activities with operators.
- Have the ability and willingness to learn the equipment, software, or process needed to lead the QC responsibilities
- Can critically get to the root cause of an issue using an evidence-based approach.
- Documents RCA and CAPA.
- Order supplies needed for sampling and coordinate preparatory work if needed
- Follow SOPs and safety guidelines
- Experience writing QC testing SOPs
- Understands the basics of QA/QC and can apply it to the process
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams as needed
- Can lead the collaboration with the cross-functional teams related to QC testing schedule and frequency
- Comfortable working with data to present data visualization and analysis to the team
- Comfortable writing QC reports to share with cross-functional teams
- Champions the QC efforts to more efficiency
- Experience leading a project individually from start to finish
- Contribute to meetings or facilitate a meeting as needed
- Other duties assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent administrator of documents.
- Experience working with a Quality Management Software.
- Understands Biology
- Good understanding of QA/QC tools and its application in process control
- Comfortable working within a laboratory or operational setting.
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate cross-functionality with teammates
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience producing trend charts and summary reports for QC data
- Experience with technical writing
- Comfortable using quality management systems or other QC data systems as needed
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Comfortable learning quickly when faced with unfamiliar tasks and new tools
- Comfortable using JMP or other comparable data analysis software
- Familiarity with statistical methods, design of experiment, and data analysis/ visualization programs (e.g., JMP)
- The use of Python or R script for data analysis is a plus
- Experience performing math pertinent to protocol execution
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or a minimum of 2 years of quality-related experience
Albany Pay Range
- The pay range for this role is based on the candidates' skills and experience. The range is $60,000-$65,000.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Fantastic Team Culture. Innovative team with diverse interests (from artists to off-grid living).
- Excellent Benefits. Health, dental, vision, retirement, EAP, PTO, tuition reimbursement
- Time to Connect. Earth Day community work, retreats, holiday events, pie day, costume competitions, pumpkin carving, outings, food, etc.
Ecovative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
70 Cohoes Ave. Suite 103
Green Island, NY 12183