Senior Project Manager
Bring your skills and passion to the Ecovative Design team! At Ecovative we build biological systems, explore uncharted science, and celebrate manufacturing rooted in Nature. The company seeks team members who are bold, curious and imaginative. The brand's greatest strength is the team's diversity. Each person brings unique backgrounds and talents that are fostered in a collaborative, challenging and creative culture.
We are seeking a Forager (Mycelium Textile) Program Manager to join our team and lead a pivotal role in organizing and synchronizing a group of related technology development projects within the mycelium textiles market vertical. As the Program Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that these projects align with the needs and expectations of our external market vertical partners and strategic objectives as a business. Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), you will play a key role in driving the successful execution of our innovative fungal mycelium alternative to leather.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Planning and Alignment:
- Collaborate closely with the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) to ascertain market vertical partners' needs, such as tanneries, apparel companies, and footwear manufacturers.
- Support the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in development of a comprehensive program plan, aligning technology development projects with the specific needs of our external partners and the organization's strategic objectives.
- Ensure that all projects within the program are interdependent and contribute cohesively to the successful development and implementation of the fungal mycelium-based textiles.
Project Monitoring and Coordination:
- Work with technology Charter Leaders and Directors to oversee the smooth execution of program projects.
- Attend project meetings, keep and share distilled notes on project progress across multiple technology development projects.
- Oversee project milestones and deliverables, ensuring timely and budgeted completion.
- Prepare regular program status reports for both internal stakeholders and external market vertical partners.
- Highlight key developments and project outcomes that align with market demands and contribute to the overall success of the program.
- Spot resource deficiencies and collaboration opportunities, leveraging external partners to enhance the program's effectiveness.
- Support the CTO in managing the scope and targets of programs, maximizing strategic impact with fixed technical resources.
- Support the CTO in balancing Textile program resource needs with the needs of other market verticals.
Risk Management and Benefits Realization:
- Evaluate and highlight program risks and challenges.
- Clarify for the internal team top priority areas to achieve program success.
- Support Directors and CTO in trimming projects or aspects of projects within the program which are not essential to the organization's mission and goals.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Detail-focused, structured, adept at juggling multiple projects.
- Proficiency in summarizing complex technical discussions into concise points.
- Excellent program management skills with a knack for tracking, risk elevation, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Formal project management training or certification such as PMP.
- Effective presentation skills to summarize program updates and insights for stakeholders.
- Flexibility to mold project management workflow to existing platforms and frameworks.
Nice to Have Skills/Qualifications:
- Previous experience in textile technology or a related industry.
- Familiarity with mechanical testing and its application to textile development.
- Ability to analyze data and use basic statistical methods.
- Understanding of sustainable materials and fungal mycelium-based technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in a project management role for technology development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field.
The pay range for this role is based on the candidates' skills and experience. The range is $80,000-$120,000.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Fantastic Team Culture. Innovative team with diverse interests (from artists to off-grid living).
- Excellent Benefits. Health, dental, vision, retirement, EAP, PTO, tuition reimbursement
- Time to Connect. Earth Day community work, retreats, holiday events, pie day, costume competitions, pumpkin carving, outings, food, etc.
Ecovative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
70 Cohoes Ave. Suite 103
Green Island, NY 12183